Necessary paperwork to be legally self-employed as a freelance translator in Vietnam
Thread poster: Álvaro San José
Álvaro San José
Álvaro San José
Argentina
Local time: 12:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2016

Hi all,

I have recently started working as a freelance translator and I would like to know what I have to do to be legally registered as a freelancer in Vietnam. Do any of you know?

I would appreciate all the help you can give me as I have clients who are requesting me to provide them with proof of being legally registered and I don't even know where to start.

Thank you very much,
Alvaro

Jean-Georges
Jean-Georges
Vietnam
English to French
Necessary paperwork to be legally self-employed as a freelance translator in Vietnam Mar 17, 2017

Hi Alvaro,

I see that unfortunately nobody has answered to your question.
Actually, I'm exactly in the same situation.
I could write the same email.

Where are you up to now?
Four months later, have you found answers to your questions?

I would really appreciate if you could share information on that topic.

I hope to hear from you soon

Thank you

J-G

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Necessary paperwork to be legally self-employed as a freelance translator in Vietnam

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »