How to make feature requests for SDL Trados Studio?
Thread poster: Panopticon
Panopticon
Panopticon
Spain
Local time: 22:02
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
May 27, 2017

A message to Paul from SDL. Is there an official way to make requests for specific features to be added to Trados Studio? I would like you to add the ability to filter segments which are considered internal fuzzies so I can see them all in one place and maybe translate them first to get them out of the way before I start on the no matches. At the moment you can only display fuzzy matches from a memory but not when they are fuzzy matches from a segment inside the document that has yet to be trans... See more
A message to Paul from SDL. Is there an official way to make requests for specific features to be added to Trados Studio? I would like you to add the ability to filter segments which are considered internal fuzzies so I can see them all in one place and maybe translate them first to get them out of the way before I start on the no matches. At the moment you can only display fuzzy matches from a memory but not when they are fuzzy matches from a segment inside the document that has yet to be translated. It would be good if you could add this feature, particularly since some agencies would like to apply their discount rates to these segments and it would seem to be fairer for the freelance translator to be able to filter/display them in such cases.

Maybe there is another channel I can use to make this request rather than doing it here?

Thanks!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:02
English to Russian
I know the answer May 27, 2017

but I am not Paul... Are you sure you only want him to reply?

Try this:
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/translation-productivity-ideas/
Describe your invention and
... See more
but I am not Paul... Are you sure you only want him to reply?

Try this:
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/translation-productivity-ideas/
Describe your invention and vote for it to have 1 vote as a minimum.

[Edited at 2017-05-27 11:48 GMT]
Collapse

Panopticon
Panopticon
Spain
Local time: 22:02
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
You may not be Paul, but you'll do for now ;-) Jun 10, 2017

Thanks Stephan, I will try the link you mentioned. Do you know where to report bugs too? There is annoying bug in the new Studio 2017 whereby focus is stolen from the segment you are working in sometimes when the program finds a match in the new terminology finder thingy (sorry, I have no idea what this new feature is called, but it is when it finds a term from the memory and presents it in the translation memory window automatically). It's rather annoying because every time it happens you have ... See more
Thanks Stephan, I will try the link you mentioned. Do you know where to report bugs too? There is annoying bug in the new Studio 2017 whereby focus is stolen from the segment you are working in sometimes when the program finds a match in the new terminology finder thingy (sorry, I have no idea what this new feature is called, but it is when it finds a term from the memory and presents it in the translation memory window automatically). It's rather annoying because every time it happens you have to lift up your right hand, reach over to the mouse, move the cursor back to the segment you were working on and the click the mouse button to return the focus to the segment. As a freelance translator who works from home, this is more physical activity than I am accustomed to, as I'm sure you can appreciateCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make feature requests for SDL Trados Studio?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »