Thread poster: bulents
bulents
bulents  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:34
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 24, 2013

How to define a keyboard shortcut for "Add to Dictionary" command in the right click/shortcut menu

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:34
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Ever found an answer? Dec 7, 2014

I am looking for this too: highlight text using keyboard and use a key combination to add it to the personal dictionary.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:34
Italian to English
In memoriam
Ctrl+Shift+F2 Dec 7, 2014

It's been a while coming but you can now do this in Studio 2014 SP2.

And Ctrl+F2 still calls up the Termbase Viewer window if you want to add a term and put other information into whatever fields you have created.

I find that moving the Termbase Viewer so that it is alongside the Translation Results windowTermbase Viewer so that it is alongside the Translation Results window is the most convenient layout.

G.
Collapse

Keyboard Shortcuts. Dec 8, 2014

Hi Bulents,

I can confirm that Giles is 100% correct.

If you wanted to check the keyboard shortcuts, you can do this from within Studio by selecting "File" then "Options" then select the "Keyboard Shortcuts" option.

You will then be able to view all the shortcuts already aligned and if you wanted, customise or make amendments.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive

Martin König
Martin König  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:34
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Keyboard shortcut for "Add to dictionary" command Jul 31, 2017

Hello everybody here,

I goggled out this page in hope I will see some solution for having the eaboard shortcut for that command. Alas, it seems like you are solving something entirely different.

May I ask here, please:

Is there any possibility to add the shortcut for Add to dictionary command? By "shortcut" I mean without using the mouse or the arrow keys. Simple ALD+D would do for me.
Trados 2017, the latest pack. Otherwise the SW is great and I
... See more
Hello everybody here,

I goggled out this page in hope I will see some solution for having the eaboard shortcut for that command. Alas, it seems like you are solving something entirely different.

May I ask here, please:

Is there any possibility to add the shortcut for Add to dictionary command? By "shortcut" I mean without using the mouse or the arrow keys. Simple ALD+D would do for me.
Trados 2017, the latest pack. Otherwise the SW is great and I love you all for inventing and improving it, but... such a fundamental thing gets on my nerves since the 2009 version. (And yes, I was too affraid to ask.)

Wish you luck,

Martin König
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:34
English to Russian
Add to Dictionary is not Add new term Jul 31, 2017

The 'Add to Dictionary' command has nothing to do with 'Ctrl+F2' or Termbase.
It is pretty weird that SteveBarlow from SDL doesn't know that. (or typical?)
Right you are: they suggest a solution for a different issue.
I guess that AHK is the only solution again.

[Edited at 2017-07-31 11:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

shortcut for Add to Dictionary command

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »