Spam or possible scam impersonating legitimate company?
Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:38
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 18, 2016

I have received emails lately from gmail accounts presenting themselves as representing CCJK Technologies.
They use [email protected] or [email protected].
The first one stated: Is it possible to get some translation projects from your esteemed company? Then introduced CCJK.
The one I received today: This is Candy saying hello from CCJK. I’m writing this ema
... See more
I have received emails lately from gmail accounts presenting themselves as representing CCJK Technologies.
They use [email protected] or [email protected].
The first one stated: Is it possible to get some translation projects from your esteemed company? Then introduced CCJK.
The one I received today: This is Candy saying hello from CCJK. I’m writing this email just want to follow up your new request. The following languages we cover: (list)
Needless to say, I never sent any request.

I had a legitimate job request in August from [email protected] but I was not able to take that job so I just declined.

I have contacted CCJK via their own domain [email protected] asking if these are legitimate representatives but I never received a reply, which is disappointing and a bit strange for a legitimate company. I think that contributes to confusion and the problem of scams in general.

I am curious what other people do in this case. Just mark them as spam and forget about it?
Or do you think these are coming from the legitimate agency? Would you consider it spam?

[Edited at 2016-11-18 20:27 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:38
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Lianne Nov 18, 2016

Just take a look at http://www.ccjk.com/global-network/ - do you see any gmail address there? This must be the answer to your question.

There is also a Skype ID at their webpage, you could use it to contact them (though it is Friday evening right now, and moreover, Skype ID does not give an idea which of their offices is accessible at this time). But it is worth to give it a try.
... See more
Just take a look at http://www.ccjk.com/global-network/ - do you see any gmail address there? This must be the answer to your question.

There is also a Skype ID at their webpage, you could use it to contact them (though it is Friday evening right now, and moreover, Skype ID does not give an idea which of their offices is accessible at this time). But it is worth to give it a try.

In case you received these messages through ProZ.com, please submit a support request with complete details (message headers will be needed).

Natalia
Collapse

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 09:38
English to Polish
+ ...
of course it is a spam - Nov 19, 2016

see the basic difference in e-mail address construction.

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:38
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 20, 2016

For that page, Natalie. I forwarded a message to [email protected] to let them know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam or possible scam impersonating legitimate company?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »