Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 3, 2017

Hello everyone

I'm trying to set up an Azure Text Translate API key and to get it working. I think I managed to create one (or rather: two) but the machine translation system kept telling me that the app ID is invalid, so I'm trying to start from scratch.

Do I understand correctly that I must have a Pay-As-You-Go subscription in order to subscribe to the Text Translate API?

azure 01

Because, there doesn't seem to be any other option available, if I cancel all my existing Pay-As-You-Go subscriptions and then try to subscribe to the Text Translate API service.

Thanks.
Samuel

[Edited at 2017-02-03 13:46 GMT]

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Free Feb 3, 2017

Yesterday I managed to create a key, with an FP (Free Plan).

Website didn't respond very well. Looked like I didn't succeed the first day. When I logged in on the next day, the keys where visible.

Here is a phone number of an account manager from Ireland, who called me today about this Azure account. Perhaps you want to give him a call?

+353 1513 75 61

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Caf Feb 3, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:

1. Did you have to create a Pay-As-You-Go subscription before you could select the Free Plan?
2. Is this free plan a "free trial" that lasts one month, or is it forever free?
3. Does your key work? If so, how did you test it?

[Edited at 2017-02-03 15:06 GMT]

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Don't know Feb 3, 2017

Samuel Murray wrote:

CafeTran Training wrote:

1. Did you have to create a Pay-As-You-Go subscription before you could select the Free Plan?
2. Is this free plan a "free trial" that lasts one month, or is it forever free?
3. Does your key work? If so, how did you test it?

[Edited at 2017-02-03 15:06 GMT]

1. No
2. Don't know, though I hope 'forever'
3. Didn't test it, since CafeTran still uses the old key. Someday in spring, when coffee is good, Igor will implement the new solution.

BTW: Did you already try Yandex? Not sure whether it supports Afrikaans, but I'm quite happy with it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help getting a new Azure Text Translate API key

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »