Off topic: Google Translate scam made me laugh (Dutch)
Thread poster: Nele Van den Broeck
Nele Van den Broeck
Nele Van den Broeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 16:16
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 27, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I just wanted to share something with you because it made me laugh (although it could give other people a heart attack as well), and maybe other translators would have a fun moment as well because of it...

Today, at our company, one of our lawyers received a really obvious scam.
The Dutch in it was horrible as well, I assume Google Translate, and translated out of English.
Have fun with it!

Nele

"Goede dag, mag u
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I just wanted to share something with you because it made me laugh (although it could give other people a heart attack as well), and maybe other translators would have a fun moment as well because of it...

Today, at our company, one of our lawyers received a really obvious scam.
The Dutch in it was horrible as well, I assume Google Translate, and translated out of English.
Have fun with it!

Nele

"Goede dag, mag u niet kent mij en deze boodschap kwam om je als een verrassing. Ik heb contact opgenomen met u persoonlijk en persoonlijk, ik ben Mark Carney de gouverneur van de Bank of England. Er is een bedrag van 10,500,000.00 Great British Pounds in mijn bank en er zijn geenbegunstigden met betrekking tot deze fondsen en niemand zou ooit naar voren gekomen om het te claimen of vraag over omdat er geenbegunstigde, ik zoek uw hulp om het geld over te dragen aan uwbankrekening in uw land, is er geen risico bij deze transactie, zullen we het te delen in een verhouding van 60% voor mij, 40% voor jou. Ik zal ook graag een deel van mijn deel te investeren in uw land. Dit is niet het witwassen van geld, neem dan contact op met Dit e-mail ([email protected])zo snel mogelijk voor meer informatie.

Er is 100% geen risico's die betrokken zijn bij deze transactie en overdracht gegarandeerd."
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:16
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Double Dutch scam Jul 28, 2015

This scam gives the expression 'Double Dutch' a whole new meaning!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translate scam made me laugh (Dutch)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »