https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/359995-first_time_user_of_cat_tool_for_mac.html

First Time User of Cat Tool for Mac
Autor wątku: John Colangelo
John Colangelo
John Colangelo  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 00:38
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

arabski > angielski
+ ...
Nov 30, 2022

As someone who has been out of the translation profession for a while and desiring to come back, I would like to ask your advice on a good simple translation tool for a Mac user like myself. My intuition tells me that Wordfast would be a good option. What's your advice? Thank you.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

niemiecki > niderlandzki
CafeTran Nov 30, 2022

John Colangelo wrote:

As someone who has been out of the translation profession for a while and desiring to come back, I would like to ask your advice on a good simple translation tool for a Mac user like myself. My intuition tells me that Wordfast would be a good option. What's your advice? Thank you.

CafeTran is a good option too. It lets you keep your glossaries in readable and editable form: plain text.

Just install the app, tick Project TM and Project Terms in the Dashboard, select source and target language. Then drop a document to translate on the Dashboard and start translating.

Very good, fast, free and friendly support from enthusiastic Mac users in forums here and at the CafeTran Freshdesk.

A0C909E3-1E31-4D45-9AC3-2AFC3A9BAB03

[Edited at 2022-11-30 19:16 GMT]

Dan Lucas
Tom in London
Wolfgang Schoene

Tom in London
Tom in London
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 05:38
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

włoski > angielski
Cafetran Nov 30, 2022

Cafetran is the best for Mac. Very easy and intuitive to learn.

Wolfgang Schoene

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

niemiecki > niderlandzki
Quick & Dirty screencast Nov 30, 2022

Hi John,

I just recorded a Quick & Dirty screencast on how to install CafeTran Espresso and use it for your first project: https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/360001-installing_cafetran_on_mac_and_translating_a_first_project.html

Sound quality isn't too good (I'm ducking for the professiona
... See more
Hi John,

I just recorded a Quick & Dirty screencast on how to install CafeTran Espresso and use it for your first project: https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/360001-installing_cafetran_on_mac_and_translating_a_first_project.html

Sound quality isn't too good (I'm ducking for the professional voice talent here who is also a CafeTran Espresso fan ).
Collapse

John Colangelo
John Colangelo  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 00:38
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

arabski > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thank you all... Dec 1, 2022

I just want to thank all of you for your kind and generous responses. I will look into this software. And keep you updated with any observations or questions. Thank you again.

Tom in London
Tom in London
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 05:38
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

włoski > angielski
Alas..... Dec 1, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:

]

Cafetran doesn't actually make coffee.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

niemiecki > niderlandzki
How to make coffee Dec 1, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

Cafetran doesn't actually make coffee.

That is correct, Tom.

Here is how you make coffee:

coffee-howto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First Time User of Cat Tool for Mac

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »