Pension in the Netherlands - which one is the best for a freelancer?
Thread poster: ArelTranslation
ArelTranslation
ArelTranslation
Netherlands
Local time: 13:37
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 20, 2017

Hi everyone,

I was starting thinking about opening a pension fund, I saw that there are a lot of options for freelancers here in the Netherlands. Anyway, I would like to have some of your feedbacks on which company is the most reliable, flexible and not too much expensive for the pension.

I read about "ZZP pensioen" by Loyalis and "Brand New Day". Do you have feedbacks on these two companies? Or on any other company that can offer a good freelance pension service?
... See more
Hi everyone,

I was starting thinking about opening a pension fund, I saw that there are a lot of options for freelancers here in the Netherlands. Anyway, I would like to have some of your feedbacks on which company is the most reliable, flexible and not too much expensive for the pension.

I read about "ZZP pensioen" by Loyalis and "Brand New Day". Do you have feedbacks on these two companies? Or on any other company that can offer a good freelance pension service?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I wish you a lovely day!
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Bright Pensioen Jun 22, 2017

I just joined Bright Pensioen, mainly because friends recommended it and they say they only invest in sustainable funds. https://brightpensioen.nl/zzp-pensioen/

Olly

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Box 3 investing Jul 13, 2017

Strange to discuss this topic in English (and I am not a financial translator), so please forgive me if any of the terminology sounds odd Having said that: I prefer to keep things in my own hands, so I do not want either an insurance-type of pension ('lijfrenteverzekering') or saving/investing an amount that I cannot touch until the age set for pension. Therefore, I have chosen index investing in box 3 (which means that I have to ... See more
Strange to discuss this topic in English (and I am not a financial translator), so please forgive me if any of the terminology sounds odd Having said that: I prefer to keep things in my own hands, so I do not want either an insurance-type of pension ('lijfrenteverzekering') or saving/investing an amount that I cannot touch until the age set for pension. Therefore, I have chosen index investing in box 3 (which means that I have to pay 1.2% investment yield tax). I use Meesman, an internet broker with a very simple system for index investing. They do not offer life cycle investment (automatically decreasing investment risk toward the pension age), so I have to deal with that manually. I think that Brand New Day offers something similar with life cycle functionality though, if you'd prefer that.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pension in the Netherlands - which one is the best for a freelancer?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »