Thread poster: Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Local time: 11:58
Arabic to French
Aug 19, 2011

Assalamou alaykoum wa rahamatou Allahi wa barakatouh

Ramadan moubarak to all the muslims

I am a translator from arabic to french. I am about to purchase Metatexis. I tried it, and it works very well, wa alhamdoulillah, but it was a very simple word document.

My question is : are there any problems to translate from arabic with Metatexis that i sould know? I would like to hear from you and what are your advices before i purchase it.

Jazakoum Al
... See more
Assalamou alaykoum wa rahamatou Allahi wa barakatouh

Ramadan moubarak to all the muslims

I am a translator from arabic to french. I am about to purchase Metatexis. I tried it, and it works very well, wa alhamdoulillah, but it was a very simple word document.

My question is : are there any problems to translate from arabic with Metatexis that i sould know? I would like to hear from you and what are your advices before i purchase it.

Jazakoum Allahou khrair.
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Metatexis Aug 27, 2011

Assalamou alaykoum

i finally bought Metatexis. I found it more easy than Wordfast classic and also, less expensive (even after the rabate offered by Wordfast for translators living in third words contries).

http://www.metatexis.com/

Thank you very much and happy Aïd to all the Muslims. May Allah accept our fast and our good actions.

Best regards
Suzanne
... See more
Assalamou alaykoum

i finally bought Metatexis. I found it more easy than Wordfast classic and also, less expensive (even after the rabate offered by Wordfast for translators living in third words contries).

http://www.metatexis.com/

Thank you very much and happy Aïd to all the Muslims. May Allah accept our fast and our good actions.

Best regards
Suzanne Oum Ayoub
Collapse

Ali Alsaqqa
Ali Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:58
English to Arabic
I've just downloaded the trial version. Aug 28, 2011

I do not see it that much "user friendly". Personally I do not prefer translating texts within
MS Word.

Could you tell us please why choosing this and not other tools like Trados ? I know the cost is
a big factor, but what else?

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
I am sorry not to ba able to answer Aug 28, 2011

I am sorry, i do not know TRADOS, i never used this program because it is too much expensive. I just look at the price and i said to myself 'no way', i will not even look at it.

Metatexis and many other CAT tools can import and export Trados files. So, even if someone ask me to produce a TRADOS file for them, i can still use Metatexis.

I tried all Wordfast programs (wordast classic, Wordfast pro and Wordfast anywhere). I tried also OmegaT. I found that Metatexis is very
... See more
I am sorry, i do not know TRADOS, i never used this program because it is too much expensive. I just look at the price and i said to myself 'no way', i will not even look at it.

Metatexis and many other CAT tools can import and export Trados files. So, even if someone ask me to produce a TRADOS file for them, i can still use Metatexis.

I tried all Wordfast programs (wordast classic, Wordfast pro and Wordfast anywhere). I tried also OmegaT. I found that Metatexis is very easy to use and i liked it immediatly.

Best regards,
Suzanne
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Wich CAT Tool do you use? Aug 29, 2011

You said that you do not use a CAT tool that works with MS Word. Can i ask you wich CAT tool do you use for your translation, if you use any?

I beleive that all CAT Tools have almost the same features : Translation memory, Terminology database, fuzzy match, quality chek, ect. You find only very small differences between them. Why should we pay 1000 Euro for a CAT tool like TRADOS who is doing the same things than Metatexis for 100 Euro? It is umbeleiveble prices! When i said that to
... See more
You said that you do not use a CAT tool that works with MS Word. Can i ask you wich CAT tool do you use for your translation, if you use any?

I beleive that all CAT Tools have almost the same features : Translation memory, Terminology database, fuzzy match, quality chek, ect. You find only very small differences between them. Why should we pay 1000 Euro for a CAT tool like TRADOS who is doing the same things than Metatexis for 100 Euro? It is umbeleiveble prices! When i said that to my husband, he was shoked!
Collapse

Ali Alsaqqa
United States
English to Arabic
I use SDL Trados Studio 2009 Aug 30, 2011

With this, I translate in the program environment itself, not in MS word.

I think its features are numerous, some of the are as follows:

- Very common, so that if you have a problem you will find many people to help you.
- Excellent QA. It can even warn you of extra spaces, mismatch end punctuation, etc.
- Wonderful display filters.

And a lot more. I am not sure if some or even all of Trados features are available in other
CAT tools or n
... See more
With this, I translate in the program environment itself, not in MS word.

I think its features are numerous, some of the are as follows:

- Very common, so that if you have a problem you will find many people to help you.
- Excellent QA. It can even warn you of extra spaces, mismatch end punctuation, etc.
- Wonderful display filters.

And a lot more. I am not sure if some or even all of Trados features are available in other
CAT tools or not, though.
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
The advantage to works with MS Word Aug 30, 2011

Yes, maybee the QA is better with Trados because for Metatexis, it is very basic...

But, it is absolutly not a problem for some one who translate form Arabic to French like me. The French language is a little bit complicated and has a lot of rules. Even the native speackers make a lot of mistakes when they write if they do not pay attention. This is the reason why you can find very good and developped tools to correct the spelling, the grammar, the sintax, the punctuation, the topog
... See more
Yes, maybee the QA is better with Trados because for Metatexis, it is very basic...

But, it is absolutly not a problem for some one who translate form Arabic to French like me. The French language is a little bit complicated and has a lot of rules. Even the native speackers make a lot of mistakes when they write if they do not pay attention. This is the reason why you can find very good and developped tools to correct the spelling, the grammar, the sintax, the punctuation, the topography etc. for a little cost (sometimes for free).

Theses programs are usually add-inns into MS Words, so it is a big advantage, when you write in French, to use a CAT tool integrated to MS Word instead of a standalone tool. The most powerfull tools to correct French are 'Antidote' and 'Prolexis'. This is not possible to add them to Trados or any standalone CAT tools. Many french translators complain about this limitation, but this is only working with MS Office and very popular programs (like internet explorer).

Also, a lot of tools can be add to MS Word to help during translation process like dictionnaries. Personnaly i had more than 10 dictionnaries thant i can access directly inside of MS Word.

I do not know for Arabic. There is a spell check for Arabic that you can buy with MS Word, i found it on the internet, but i am not sure if it is good. If anyboday has some suggestions it would be appreciate since my familly use to write in Arabic (not me, i am sorry, i just read and speack, but i do not write).

Best regards,
Suzanne Chabot
Collapse

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
MS Word stop to work Sep 2, 2011

Assalamou alaykoum

I download Metatexis and bouth a MetaTexis licence for the latest version (version 3) but MS Word crash all the time !

I discussed this issue with the developper and i seems that it is related to the right to left, let to right languages.

I just whant to warn all of you about this issue.

I do not know if this problem occur with Wordfast also or not.

Anyboday have any comments?

Wassalam
Suzanne

Ali Alsaqqa
United States
English to Arabic
Buying something Sep 2, 2011

Oum ayoub wrote:

Assalamou alaykoum

I download Metatexis and bouth a MetaTexis licence for the latest version (version 3) but MS Word crash all the time !

I discussed this issue with the developper and i seems that it is related to the right to left, let to right languages.

I just whant to warn all of you about this issue.

I do not know if this problem occur with Wordfast also or not.

Anyboday have any comments?

Wassalam
Suzanne

In my life, with anything, I generally tend to not being the first to buy (or try?) something.

You bought this tool and you know it is not very common, at least with Arabic.

I do not know a solution for that problem, but I hope it will be solved soon!

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
No problem Sep 2, 2011

Assalamou alaykoum

No problem, my brother, i can still cancel the transaction.

I tried MetaTexis for one month or two and i had no problem with the version 2. The problem is with the version 3... I expected the version 3 work like the 2, but it is not the case. Wa Allahi, I was very please with MetaTexis.

I asked for advices about MetaTexis before i buy it, even if i tryed it and i was happy with it because it is always good to ask for advices, but noboday
... See more
Assalamou alaykoum

I tried MetaTexis for one month or two and i had no problem with the version 2. The problem is with the version 3... I expected the version 3 work like the 2, but it is not the case. Wa Allahi, I was very please with MetaTexis.

I asked for advices about MetaTexis before i buy it, even if i tryed it and i was happy with it because it is always good to ask for advices, but noboday answered. So, i took a decision after i pray istikrara. i think that i could not do more than that. Wa Allahu Alam

Thank you for your comment anyhow. Jazaka Allahu khrair.

Now, i do not know what to do. Should i go back to version 2 or should i cancel the transaction and buy another CAT Tool...

Wassalam
Suzanne
Collapse

Shazly
Shazly  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:58
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Wordfast is good Sep 2, 2011

Hello,

I recommend Wordfast pro. It is very efficient with Arabic, and has no major problems. You can download the free version and try it, The free version has the full functionality, but has some limitation in the TM size.

Best Regards

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Very bad reviews about Woedfast Pro Sep 2, 2011

I tried Wordfast pro and i likes it very much.

I was about to purchase it when i sart to make some research about it...

I found very very bad reviews about this program, so, i became a little bit afraid.

I even ask questions about Wordfast pro in the wordfast yahoo group and the Wordfast users there did not recommanded it to me! They recommanded me MemoQ instead!

It seems that the Wordfast users are very happy with Wordfast Classic, but they
... See more

I found very very bad reviews about this program, so, i became a little bit afraid.

I even ask questions about Wordfast pro in the wordfast yahoo group and the Wordfast users there did not recommanded it to me! They recommanded me MemoQ instead!

It seems that the Wordfast users are very happy with Wordfast Classic, but they think that Wordfast Pro is not so good and should be use only in case of necessity...

I see that, from your side, you are satisfied.

I will think about it another time.

Wassalam
Suzanne Oum Ayoub
Collapse

Ali Alsaqqa
United States
English to Arabic
Ramadan Sep 2, 2011

Oum ayoub wrote:

Assalamou alaykoum

I asked for advices about MetaTexis before i buy it, even if i tryed it and i was happy with it because it is always good to ask for advices, but noboday answered. So, i took a decision after i pray istikrara. i think that i could not do more than that. Wa Allahu Alam

Thank you for your comment anyhow. Jazaka Allahu khrair.

Now, i do not know what to do. Should i go back to version 2 or should i cancel the transaction and buy another CAT Tool...

Wassalam
Suzanne

I think many didn't reply because it was the last 10 days of Ramadan, most of use were a bit busy, at least that was the case for me.

Sorry.

Shazly
Shazly  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:58
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
MemoQ is also good Sep 2, 2011

Hello Suzanne,

MemoQ is also good. Actually, it is better than Wordfast in many features. But keep in mind that it is also more expensive than wordfast. If you can afford it, it's better as it goes up in the market now. Their support team is also good.
On the other hand, It could be the client preference that push you to purchase certain software.
In my opinion, my preference rating is:
1-MemoQ
2-Wordfast
3-Trados

Best Regards

Oum ayoub wrote:

It seems that the Wordfast users are very happy with Wordfast Classic, but they think that Wordfast Pro is not so good and should be use only in case of necessity...

I see that, from your side, you are satisfied.

I will think about it another time.

Wassalam
Suzanne Oum Ayoub

Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Arabic to French
TOPIC STARTER
Metatexis Sep 3, 2011

Assalamou alaykoum

I contacted the developper of Metatexis and he took this problem very seriously. He is working on it since few days and he almost succed to resolve the problem. I am very optimistic that he will succed.

I am very impress by the help i received from Metatexis. The Developper even post on the website a revised version of the program!

Wassalam
Suzanne

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Metatexis and arabic language

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »